Pages

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

L'occitane Pivione Flora Lipstick Fuschia, review and swatches

L'occitane Pivione Flora lipstick in Fucshia is an exquisite sheer fuchsia lipstick.The glam factors gets dialed up with its French pedigree, chic packaging, subtle yet sophisticate fragrance and beautiful color.

The shade looks like hot shimmery fuchsia in the tube but due to its very sheer texture it looks extremely wearable.

The L'occitane Pivione flora range of lipsticks scores high brownie points with the chick packaging, its such a beautiful and romantic looking tube made of paper and with a pretty poppy pink flowers and ballerina on the tube.
The classy packaging gives it very high end and classy look and its so far one of the most prettiest looking lippie in my stash.



Priced at INR 1050/- for 3.5 grams. I picked this limited edition shade during the recent L'occitane sale and got a flat 50% off on this! The lippie is quite pricey in my opinion 'coz you can find similar sheer, tinted lippies in drugstore brands too.
The other cons is that the lipstick is very soft in texture much like Revlon Colorburst lipstick and if you have used oneof those you'd know what a squishy mess these turn in to while swiveling the lisptick up and down in the tube.

Swatch on NC 45 skin in natural light


Swatched on lips, the shades comes of very very sheer and almost has the feel and look of a tinted lip balm.
Its got a subtle rose fragrance and flavor, its got quite a sophisticate feel on the lips and lasts aroun1.5-2 hours on my lips.
On its own its sheer enough for day wear and I couple it with dramatic eye makeup looks. If I want to pep it up I wear this on top of MAC Speak Louder! and the combination of bold fuchsia and soft glistening glossy fuchsia is beautiful on the lips.

Overall thoughts- If you want to graduate to more sophisticate lipsticks and want easy to wear shade then you can definitely check it out. If you have pigmented lips then this might not work great for you. Overall nice shade to have in your vanity.

To read more exciting product reviews, makeup looks, latest fashion trends & sale alerts , remember to subscribe by e-mail.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

15 comments:

  1. flat 50? I dunno what was I doing when they were having the sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they did have flat 40-50% off on most items though I picked just one lippie,the shade is nice though very easy to dupe it :)

      Delete
  2. packaging is beautiful but its way too sheer for 500/- also! i love love the packaging..gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the packaging is so romantic! Even I fell for it though shade is too sheer to show up on my lips

      Delete
  3. it looks so sheer..me no likey..i hav pigmented lips..btw how many fuschias do u hav?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is just way too sheer, works only when u need a hint of tint on ur lips. Now that u mention yes most of my recent buys are veering towards hot pinks and fuchsias, though I don't hv too many lipsticks probably about ten lipsticks in total including all shades :)

      Delete
  4. OMG! I too have got this one from the sale! Same pinch :)And its super wearable. The only con is the smell for me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same pinch! :) Even I'm not much into fragrant lippies but this one is subtle enough so it works for me :)

      Delete
  5. The packaging is awesomee..n loved the shade too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the packaging is super pretty I infact loved the packaging a tiny bit more than the lippie itself ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm so clueless I didnt even realise L'Occitane did makeup! I just thought it was lotions and potions! lol It looks very pretty though

    Cherry Lane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh wooow the the packaging is soooooo pretty and 50% off tooooo...I am sold for this lippy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. 50% off? Lucky you :D we dont get L'occitane stuff in chennai anyway.. the color and packaging is extremely pretty.. isn't it too sheer to be a lipstick? it looks more like a lipbalm to me :P

    ReplyDelete

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...