Pages

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Summer collection in Sarojini Nagar Market Delhi!

You know the Spring-Summer'12 collection has hit the market when you see burst of bright colors, floral dresses and summery tops in Sarojini Nagar Market.

If you are Delhi Diva (specifically from South / South west Delhi) chances are SN market has been your street shopping haven at some point.The awesome selection of export surplus stock from International brands,the super pocket friendly price and vibe of this place make SN a must visit. Despite mushrooming of malls and international shopping sites SN still remains HG budget shopping destination for many Delhi Girls.

You can pretty much snag a whole new wardrobe in under INR 2500/- 
The dresses in the pics below are priced around INR 300- INR 500/-

Isn't this royal blue cut work dress really stunning.
I love this white lace dress,very lair Waldorf, isn't it?!
This aqua dress with ruffled neck detail is oh so pretty!


Tips for shopping in Sarojini Nagar market for clothes,footwear,accessories and home decor items.

1.Leave your Boyfriend/Hubby at the Cinemas /Mall and head to SN with your Girlfriends, men start hyperventilating at the sight of so much girly stuff ,crowd and heat,chances are you'll have to leave the market in under 30 mins if you go with a guy [happens with me every time!! :( ]
2.Travel using metro (nearest Metro stn. INA) /auto instead of bringing your car, parking can be a huge pain during rush hours.
3.Arrive early- the crowd is sparse & the shop keepers want to do clock in the first sale of the day called 'bohni' which is auspicious & serious business for them so they would settle for reasonable price quickly.
4.Wear comfortable clothing & footwear as there is a lot of walking in  crowded space, carry a bottle of water & your shades
5.Bargain-Part of the fun of shopping in SN is the bargaining. But most of the stuff is well below bargain basement price, so negotiate well & do it with a smile & you are sure to score a good deal.Quote a just price so its a Win-win for both you & the seller.
6. Size Labeling isn't accurate on most of the clothes,don't rely on the seller's judgement on what will fit you, take help from your GF to get an estimate of size. When in doubt go for a size larger, you can get it altered if needed.
7.Always wash/ get the item dry cleaned before wearing.


  This Grafitti adorns the passage from Sabzi market to Babu market (the arterial clothes shopping lane in SN).There are many vendors displaying their wares in this lane, the prices tend to be generally lower than rest of the market you can get a Top starting at INR 100/- 
You can find light chiffon sheer tops,satin tops,,cotton dresses,embroidered/sequined tops. Do check for any defects before picking up the item.



From this lane if you take a left & walk a bit further in to the market there are 2 clusters of shops (right opposite home decor stores) where you'll find many vendors in an enclosed space.They have good variety of tops & dresses but the prices generally tend to  be 20-30% higher than rest of the market.

  Love the black & white dresses with lace detailing.
 

 




The market is also flooded with nice cotton nightwear, you can find some very cosy & cute stuff here, average prices start around INR 125 and go up to INR 350/-
You can also find some very cute shorts with girly prints Prices start at INR 100/-

You can find handbags in every color imaginable, these are priced INR 200/- onwards.

Wanna play Footsie? Well there are enough & more footwear outlets in SN and offering streetside footwear INR 200/- onwards to stores like Soft & Sleek which have range starting from INR 500/- onwards in sandals & pumps.
I snagged knit cotton top, 1 chiffon top a lovely turquoise dress & some accessories all for the princely sum of INR 725/-!!!, will try & post pics soon.

Hope you enjoyed the post, comment & tell me quick when are you visiting
Sarojini Nagar market next? :)

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

49 comments:

  1. Omg everything looks soooooo good, sooooo less price is! I really want to go to this place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha come along shopping in Saddi Dilli! Its the best place in India for shopping addicts

      Delete
    2. hey is it possible to buy online??? i mean can we place order with someone who can help us with the purchasing and courier it?

      Delete
  2. ur post has made me sad......why do i not stay in delhi....i want those dresses for gods sake......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww honey don't be sad- com down to Delhi for a holiday there's ton to do, see & shop here!

      Delete
  3. ooh im liking some of those mint green chumpals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup that whole store is stacked with neon colored footwear, I feel like a kid in candy shop every time I visit SN :D

      Delete
  4. did you go yesterday? i was planning to trip too..so i think i will go this weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went on Sunday for like 30 mins, am planning to maybe trek down again on Saturday before my upcoming holiday!

      Delete
  5. Going this sunday! LOL I live within walking distance of this market and shop there for casual stuff often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG i so wanna be in delhi right now! love florals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay do make a quick trip & I'll tell you all the hot spots! SN Market is flooded with florals!

      Delete
  7. really amazing post! loved it. Thanks for the detailed info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know what? my first visit to SM was with my boy who patiently walked with me for 4 hours as I got everything that my eyes found nice. He even took me Saket after that!

    do a post ASAP on what u got.

    I even went there alone once and did a post abt that but shopping with a girl is always fun so...OPEN INVITATION - who wants to go with me this weekend? :D :D :D

    PS - I am awesome in bargaining :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you know the Guy is for keeps if he braves SN for 4 Hours with you! Mine wont stand for more than 30 mins !! Will try to post pics on weekend if I get time.
      Lets touch base and see if we cant catch up for a shopping spree!

      Delete
    2. waiting for your pics...

      and a shopping spree is something I never say NO to...its super rude to do that :D

      Delete
    3. Will try to post on Saturday! I'm flying out for a week long off on Sunday morn so no time until then. Lets do a rain check on it again, I'm always game for SN! :)

      Delete
    4. Considering the popular interest in SN I propose we all plan a Ladies only shopping excursion to SN & have a Bloggers Meet & cap it all up with some momos & fruit beer at Dilli Haat! Wat say?

      Delete
    5. awwwww..hw sweet.. i say 'YAY' to that! :)

      Delete
  9. am returning to delhi after 5 years, this august. would love to go shopping with with you then :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. my fav post of the month... totally looovvveddd it.. thanx for so much info

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post Pooja! I somehow loooooove these shopping snaps type posts. Waaaaahhh..I miss Delhi, sniff sniff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww poor baby! Big hug to cheer you up! If anything catches your fancy here let me know I'll pick up & courier it to you!

      Delete
  12. OMG !! THIS IS HEAVEN !!! hehehehehehe drooolinggggggg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha me too! This place can still set my pulse racing!

      Delete
  13. Wow!!!! I like everything from the summery dresses to the amazing footwear..n the girly shorts are just so amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! This place can drive you nuts with the variety! I think I'll have to re-visist soon & stock up on some summery dresses :)

      Delete
  14. Wow! I love the bags!! Delhi street shopping is way better than mumbai street shopping :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree- Mumbai Colaba causeway over scores on Accessories but rest everything Delhi shopping is unbeatable! :D

      Delete
    2. I've been to Colaba & I personally found it overrated for accessories.. For once I will say Delhi is better than Mumbai in this aspect :D :D

      Delete
  15. OMFG !!!!!!! I need to go to sarjoni havent been there in agessss!!!! Its

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Considering the popular interest in SN I propose we all plan a Ladies only shopping excursion to SN & have a Bloggers Meet & cap it all up with some momos & fruit beer at Dilli Haat! Wat say?

      Delete
  16. SN is my second home :D just 15 mins drive from my home..I am planning a visit soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are alucky gal to live next door to SN market! I visited it today, do check out, whole bunch of summery stuff is out there

      Delete
    2. can v get summer wears in march??

      Delete
  17. Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe. Flights to Kinshasa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also love to shopping here..there is lots o beautiful girls...oooohhh amzing exprience of flirting over there...hahah

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cry *blood* the moment i check out every damn stuff that bruises my heart !!! Wreck ! Why am i a girl??? who cudn't be in DELHIIIIII

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can I get the phone numbers of these shopkeepers . I am from Calcutta and want to buy in wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have just 3 hours fpr the market.. Can u tell what parts hv the best stuff so i cn make the most of it...?!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do you blog here too as I found a similar post here http://makeupforshe.blogspot.in/2012/03/spring-summer-collection-in-sarojini.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. i wana take 4 my gf can any female will help me

    ReplyDelete
  24. very well written :) - thanx so much for the info :).. am new to Delhi and just waiting to shop at SN market!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wholesale on the Go, Download WYDR APP To Avail Latest Upcoming Deal, Offer will be available only on WYDR App Sign up Now !

    ReplyDelete

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...