Today I attended The Body Shop, one of the 21st Century’s most iconic and pioneering Brand's grand unveiling of a new beauty movement – called Beauty With Heart – that will inspire individuals everywhere and transform the boundaries of beauty.
"Beauty With Heart places emphasis on a beauty experience that is more than skin-deep, putting a human stamp on beauty and empowering people the world over to Look Good, Feel Good And Do Good. Beauty with Heart is our latest brand platform that connects with younger generations of consumers, keeping the values intact"
Beauty With Heart will spring to life through a new store experience called Pulse. The experiential store will highlight the radical products in a revamped form with attractive and stylish packaging.
Shriti Malhotra COO The Body Shop India anchored the event and shared the brand history & brand ethos.
Talking about the bringing the revolutionary beauty movement into India, Shriti Malhotra said, “2012 is a landmark year for us. We will complete 25 years of Community Fair Trade which incidentally started from Madurai in India. We celebrated our 6 year anniversary; starting this journey in India in 2006 we are now present in around 30 cities with over 80 stores. We are excited to launch ‘Beauty with Heart’ and we hope to create a unique and memorable experience that will engage, educate and inform our customers through this movement”.
The Body Shop states "We travel to all four corners of the globe to make sure that we buy the highest quality, natural ingredients for our products.
But the way we do this is different from other beauty companies. As a pioneer in Community Fair Trade, The Body Shop improves and enriches the lives of the people all around the world."
· The Body Shop was founded by Dame Anita Roddick, who said: "If business comes with no moral sympathy or honourable code of behaviours, then God help us all."
· The Body Shop has over 2,700 stores in 63 countries worldwide
· The Body Shop makes over 1,200 products, all powered by the highest quality natural ingredients
· 80% of The Body Shop products contain one or more Community Fair Trade ingredients, sourced with love and care from all four corners of the globe
· The Body Shop welcomes over 275 million shoppers to their stores every year
· Everything The Body Shop does revolves around the five Values, which is what truly sets it apart from any other retailer on the High Street
· In the last 20 years, The Body Shop has donated over £19 million pounds to over 2,500 charities through The Body Shop Foundation, the charitable giving arm of The Body Shop
· With over 25 Community Fair Trade suppliers in more than 20 countries, The Body Shop Community Fair Trade programme helps to positively impact the lives of over 300,000 people
· The Body Shop remains grounded in its five Values, which are: Defend Human Rights, Activate Self Esteem, Support Community Fair Trade, Protect The Planet, Against Animal Testing