Pages

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, June 17, 2011

MAYBELLINE THE COLOSSAL KAJAL

I've been on the lookout for a good quality jet black eyeliner and had pretty much made up my mind about buying Milani Liquiefye eye pencil in black... but after it being out of stock on almost all major international sellers I finally decided to pick up something locally from India. 

After checking out everything from Revlon, L'oreal ,Inglot, Lakme` etc etc I'd shortlisted Bourjois Khol in Blackest Black and Maybelline Colossal Kajal pencil.So after a zillion swatches & going back & forth I finally picked the Maybelline Colossal Kajal.

You might wonder why would I chose this relatively humble Kajal over other more fancier khol pencils? Well for starters I found Maybelline Colossal Mascara to be one of the best in the market & had similar expectation from the Colossal Kajal Pencil.

Secondly  this one is a retractable tube, which though contans lesser product but no sharpening means a ready sharpend tip always and no product wastage.

But the deal clincher was the fact that while rest of the liners smudged easily this one held its ground.Plus its comes at a bargain basement price of INR 150/- (for 0.35 grams-yup the quantity is too low for the price)

The product is extremely well pigmented,smudge resistant & claims to stay put for 6 hours. I actually put it to test & I've been wearing it for over & hours now its still in place. 

I quite like this Kajal pencil & yes would re-purchase.Its available at all Maybelline counters across India. 

Scroll down to see the swatches. If you've used this do let me know your experience.

P.S.- New U outlets have a combo offer -15% discount on purchasing Colossal Mascara + Kajal together.

XO XO

To read more exciting product reviews, makeup looks, latest fashion trends & sale alerts , remember to subscribe by e-mail.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

28 comments:

  1. i want this so bad..seems like every store i go to has run out of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Classy& Fabulous- Hey dear, I've seen it in all Lifestyle/ New U/Shoppers stop counters check it out I'm sure you'll find it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have to get this one....hopefully soon!
    I use the colossal mascara, and its fab....hope the kajal is aswell...
    will give you a feedback once i buy it...

    ps: first comment on ur blog (its neat) :)
    http://redgoldengreen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also read some not so good opinions about this so still not sure whether i should get this or not...
    whats ur skin type BTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meenu- I've combination skin-normal skin on the face & oily on my T zone. I'm dusky skinned and don't have any sensitivity related issues.Colossal Kajal is a long wearing kajal with intense black pigments and works well on upper lash line & stays on waterline for 6-7 hours without causing any irritation.So I'd say go ahead & give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi UV, thanks for taking time out to comment & liking my blog,really appreciate it :)
    Love your new white Mango Jean you are totally rocking those1

    I love your blog's name always remind me of college days when we'd sing 'Karma Chameleon' off key..

    "Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon,
    you come and go, you come and go.
    Loving would be easy if your colours were like my dream,
    red gold and green, red gold and green."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello..hope am not too late for a comment,happened to see this post just now. I must agree with you,Maybelline Collosal Kajal is the best I have used so far,its super dark and does not budge or smudge at all(it lasted for more than 8 hours in my case). Am very happy with the product and repurchase it,even though I do think the price is a bit too much for the quantity supplied.
    & yes am following you!! :D

    swarnali.1825@gmail.com
    swarnalidreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swarnali -Hey I mailed you, check out faces eyeliners,those are my current favorites

    ReplyDelete
  9. does it last on the waterline,both the upper and lower??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous- Yes it lasts in 7-8 hours on my waterline (both upper & lower) though if you are looking for a creamier, smudge proof long wearing kohl I'd also recommend Faces eyeliner in black

    ReplyDelete
  11. yupps..i have used this..very trustworthy and a regular in my make up pouch!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a beauty staple for me too, I always have one in my makeup pouch :)

      Delete
  12. its pathetic..vrythin is fake..not worth even rs 150

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that you didn't like it, for me it worked out great. Which kajal do you use?

      Delete
    2. it has worked for me and everyone i know too !!! :) stays the entire day without smudging even if it is super humid and sweaty!! doesn't get washed away or smudged with water even !! love this one!! using this for more than a year :)
      my HG kajal and can't really live without it :P

      Delete
  13. This product is really aowsum...but in Bangladesh its price is too much 450 Bdt..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that does sound quite high for colossal kajal, but I do like the product a lot :)

      Delete
  14. Plz let me noh if its a good product to buy? all i mean to ask is ... Is this product really gives you a deep black line ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are looking for a good quality kajal on a budget this is really awesome the pigmentation is good, I've already finshed 3 of these and am on my 4 th colossal kajal, I'd reccommend

      Delete
  15. I feel the quality has recently dropped!

    ReplyDelete
  16. plz tell me its price in pak??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm not sure if it's available in your country

      Delete
  17. i want tis kajal,.hw 2 buy tis kajal.am frm thanjoor,.pls ans me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy this online from www.stylecraze.com and pay cash on delivery

      Delete
  18. maybelline collosal has really upset me for a particular reason.. i mean i just love the smudgre free thing, the darkness and all, but this is my third stick and the same prob of the stick either not retracting back once up or stuck inside n not coming up..when i bought the 1st cud use it for jus a week’s time as the pncil broke when i tried to check its length.. 2nd time the stick wont go back in once popped up a bit too more,, third time i was a bit careful,, i din open it up that much,, lasted for jus 2 months n now the stick is stuck n the kajal wont come out,, goes back in n comes til just the surface,, but doesn come out at all.. i keep rotating the stick in loops but just doent come out,, m so fed up of this,,if this faulty pencil rotation is fixed i have no problems with collosal..any1 else facing same prob let me know,,n also let me know if u could fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your information.
    Are you looking for a cosmetics manufacturers in India? Fablay India India is a Third party manufacturer of cosmetics.manufacturer in India.
    Cosmetics manufacturers in india
    Nail polish manufacturer
    Lipstick manufacturer
    Third party cosmetic manufacturer
    Sindoor manufacturer
    Eyeliner manufacturer

    ReplyDelete

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...