Pages

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ahoy Sailor! Eye Makeup Look & MAC Hey,Sailor! collection

Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles! Ten thousand thundering typhoons! The Nautical stripes are back in vogue! 

Nautical themed dresses, bikinis ,bijoux and accessories everywhere  have clawed their way into every fashionista's closet.Spot on trend as usual MAC pulled out yet another limited edition collection called MAC Hey,Sailor!These babies too sport the nautical stripes ;)

So I decided to put my new eyeshadows to good use and I created this Ahoy,Sailor! Eye makeup look.



Products Used

  • NYX HD eyeshadow base
  • MAC Old Gold pigment used on inner corner of eyelids
  • Glamour Doll eyeshadow-Dusk
  • Sleek iDivine eyeshadow Storm palette- taupe brown shade used on crease and brow bone, nude shade used as highlighter
  • Chambor navy eyeliner pencil
  • Bourjois ultra curl mascara
  • New U eye lash glue & KK center HK false eyelashes




 
Here are some product pics from the latest Hey,Sailor! collection.Now I know these came out like a fortnight back, but Sowwie Blogger ate my post.. no seriously I wasn't able to post the new collection pics earlier thanks to Blogger acting up,but coz I have still spotted these at MAC counters so thought I'll give these a whirl.

I just love the smokey navy eyeshadow blended in old gold in the Model's covershots.



Hey,Sailor!-Pigment-OldGold

Hey,Sailor!-Pigment-NavalBlue

Hey,Sailor!-Lipstick-RedRacer

Hey,Sailor!-Lipstick-Salute!


Hey,Sailor! EyeShadow-NauticalNavy-72
Hey,Sailor! Lipglass-SendMeSailing
Hey,Sailor!-Lipglass-BlessedlyRich
Hey,Sailor!-Lipglass-OrangeTempera
Hey,Sailor!-NailLacquer-GoldKnot


To work the Nautical theme don a nautical striped Top and pair of  leggings,accessorize with some Anchor or starfish shaped pendant. swipe on Mac's Hey,Sailor! Red Racer lippie and you'll be ready with the look that can launch a thousand ships!


To read more exciting product reviews, makeup looks, latest fashion trends & sale alerts , remember to subscribe by e-mail.

Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

14 comments:

  1. wow..awesome Poo..I lov such blue shades on eyes n u hav created such a gorg look here..really pretty..lovin it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preetha! I had lots of fun creating this look :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely look Pooja :-)
    Can you post the tutorial plz !!!!

    shrutirasoi

    Today's Recipe
    Dal Makhani

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so nice and you recreated it totally :) Followed you
    Can you please check out my blog too sometime :)
    gogzbeautytipsandtricks.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I m soo in love with this nautical trend!! Love the EOTD as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too me too,I love this trend it's so wearable and fun!

      Delete
  5. urs is as nice as the one on model. Yeah Dear! BTW u are not using the Navy pigment right? BTW remember that I am coming so please drop me message by tomorrow for what all you need - the palettes etc...keep smiling :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun! No I don't have navy pignent I used shade called Dusk from glamour doll eyes it's a nice navy shimmery shade with a hint of teal
      So glad to her u r gonna be in town soon, so looking forward to catching up :)

      Delete
  6. Loved the look.. superbly gorgeous as always ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love sailors and navy people (mine being one!). pooja u always leave me speechless with ur looks

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so pretty - that blue is making eyes look so brown! Gorgeous!

    I generally stay away from blues as they make my eyes look very icy - just like the model in MAC. But now after seeing your FOTD, I'm getting tempted! Very good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am actually liking your look way better than what's right on the model's. The gold on her looks pretty pale, but yours is just gorgeous!!!
    Btw, silly question, how did you bend the gold and the blue seamlessly without making it green? ( please divulge the secret soon :P )

    ReplyDelete

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...