Pages

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Friend's Wedding reception party-Eye makeup look

I just got back from my friend's wedding reception party and thought I'd show you guys the eye makeup look I wore to the event.
It was a Punjabi event with the typical Dilli's bling bling bling thrown in for good measure , by some strange coincidence every event I attend, I'm bound to bump into one of my Mommy-in-law's Kitty party friends, so its customary  to look the part of 'khaate-peete ghar ki Punjabi Bahu' ;)

Well armed with a license to dress up & deck out like a Christmas tree I wore a hot pink (rani color/magenta) saree with very heavy antique gold embroidery. (Gosh! that saree alone probably weighs a ton!)

Okay enough rambling,on to the makeup, I tried to keep my skin very fresh and moisturized.I used Kryolan TV paintstick as I didnt want whitish cast in flash photography.I buffed the foundation well to create a even skintone.
I wanted to wear more toned down shades of gold and bronze on my lids. So I used two of my most favorite shadows- MAC Musuem bronze and Glamour Doll eyeshadow-Prankster on my lids.I just used the tiniest hint of shimmery fuchsia on my crease and added a whole lot of drama with falsies. And I topped it all off with MAC cremesheen Speak Louder! Lippie.

Pleasantly the overall makeup look turned out quite glamorous & pretty!












Products Used for the wedding party look

Face
  • Kryolan TV Paint stick
  • MAC sheer select moisture cover  concealer NC 45
  • MAC cream color base-Hush- used to highlight cheekbones, brows,nose and lips (cupid's bow)
  • MAC sheer select compact NC 45
  • Sleek Rose Gold blush

Eyes
NYX HD Eyeshadow base
  • MAC Museum Bronze pigment-used on the lids and lower lashline
  • Glamour Doll Eyeshadow Prankster-used on inner corner
  • L'oreal Infalliable eyeshadow Endless chocolate used on crease
  • Shimmery fuchsai pink shadow from 120 eyeshadow palette used inbtween crease and brow bone
  • Maybelline eye studio Gel eyeliner in black-used to line upper lashline
  • Colorbar I define eyeliner used on waterline
  • Bourjois Ultra curl mascara
  • New U eyelash glue and KKCenterHK falsies

Lips
  • MAC Speak Louder! lipstick
Hope you enjoyed the look, comment & tell which are your go to lipstick and eyeshadow shades for wedding events.
    To read more exciting product reviews, makeup looks, latest fashion trends & sale alerts , remember to subscribe by e-mail.
     
    Enter your email address:


    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

    30 comments:

    1. I loved the look ... Hey Pooja can you do a step by step tute on wearing false lashes? I have small lashes and want to try falsies ...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Sure Shalini, I'd been planning on doing that tute for a while, have to figure out how to click pics while putting on the falsies, lemme talk my hubby into photographing my tute :) will hopefully do it over the weekend.

        Delete
      2. Do that please me and my sis in law want to wear them to an upcoming event ....

        Delete
      3. Sure thing, will post it on coming saturday :)

        Delete
    2. Also have you reviewed krayolan paint stick? I searched your blog but couldn't find it .... I am looking for a change from MAC ..

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Review coming up soon, dear, its been sitting in the draft folder for 2 months now! My bad! But I'd highly recco Kryolan TV paintstick for flash photography videography etc. Its a medium to full coverage with matte finish,doesn't oxidize and makeup looks flawless for hours.Definitely worth investing in.

        Delete
    3. Loved the look :)...what shade of TV paintstick did you use? Think the same shade will go with my skin tone as well

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks dear so glad u liked the look, sorry I forgot the shade number will check it and post in the evening. :) though there are over 120 shades and I found atleast 3 shades very close to my skin tone so I'd suggest u swatch these in store first before buying

        Delete
      2. We don't have a Kryolan store in Kolkata ....:((((((

        Delete
    4. That golden shade is looking so beautiful on your lids!! It is contrasting beautifully against your skin, and I can imagine how glam you must have looked with the lippie on. Very pretty! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Tanz! Hubby dear crooned some love songs and complimented quite a few times So I'm guessing the look turned out well :D
        Btw how's ur flu now? Hope u r feeling better, take care of yourself dear *hugs*

        Delete
    5. this is such a beautiful look and i love the hint of fuschia on the crease!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yay! I loved that hint of fuchsia too, softened up the look and made it a tad more romantic :)

        Delete
    6. I love such indian eye makeup looks. Even I always do such look because it always matches the embroidery on the clothes. :-) love the look.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yup! All tht high decibel bling needs glamourous make up to balance the whole look. Muted golds and bronzes are my favorite shadows coz they go so well with our Indian skin tones :)

        Delete
    7. loved it Pooja..u r simply awesum wid eyemakeup..this one is perfect for ethnic wear..

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Preetha! Golds are my go to shades for ethnic wear, they work so well on Indian skin tones :)

        Delete
    8. Awesome pooja!! I love ur eye makeups :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. this is a truly wearable and classic style of eotd that I luv my eyes to hav for all functions! and the falsies add so much glamour. Loved it!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Pooja, you know how I love gold on my eyes and you just fanned that craving again!! How do you always come up with such gorgeous makeup do?!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Looks fab Pooja..the lashes make it look amazing..

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yeah Baby the falsies do take the look to a whole new level, I mean no amount of mascara can make the lashes look so glam!

        Delete
    12. Wow this is stunningly beautiful! This is so gorgeous and easy! love it! looking so pretty lishii.... loved every bit of this tute... superfab and superlike.....Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorials

      ReplyDelete

    YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...