Pages

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, September 18, 2011

REVLON ILLUMINANCE CREME EYESHADOW SKINLIGHTS

Have you ever craved for a makeup item for long and suddenly had a déjà vu moment and realized you already have a pretty good dupe sitting in your makeup stash?

Well it just so happens that I'd been lusting after MAC paint pots.I was looking for a smooth creamy nude for a wash of color on my eyelids.I had been unable to make up my mind whether to buy in Painterly (creamy nude) or Groundwork (Mid-tone neutral taupe in Satin finish).
Painterly is perfect for fairer skin tone but, on my NC45 skin it looks ashy.Groundwork looks gorgeous on its own but its deeper undertone mean it doesn't gives that wide awake look to my eyes.

So in the midst of my esoteric makeup blues, I was playing around with my Revlon Illuminance Creme Eyeshadow palette in Skinlights and suddenly realized Voila, all the shades I was looking for are right here in front of me!


Pros-Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow has 4 shades with shimmer illuminate the eyes.Its super easy to apply and blends beautifully,so its perfect for the rush hour application. Its great for everyday use /office wear when you just want a hint of color and barely discernible shimmer. 
Each palette contains a highlighting or base color and multiple shades to create varied look from.It s fragrance free & suitable for contact lens wearers.

Cons-The packaging is a real bummer, its rudimentary at best, no applicator,no mirror is provided.The plastics casing itself is quite tacky.It also mentions no ingredient list.The biggest con of all is that these shadows are so emollient that they crease like crazy after 2-3 hours.Even after using a primer/concealers as a base and topping it with powder eyeshadow it refuses to stay put for long without creasing.

The Shades in Skinlights palette are a beautiful assortment of wearable shades.

1st shade from the left side of the palette is my favorite- Its a creamy nude with light gold shimmer looks like cross between MAC Paintpot in Painterly and Perky (Limited Edition) and leaves a sheer wash of color and gives that "wide-awake" look.

2nd shade from left-Frosted golden peach with gold is a close match for MAC paintpot in Rubensque

3rd shade from left- Champagne with gold and white pearl frost finish reminds me of MAC paintpot in Bare study

4th shade from the left is a beautiful bronzey taupe it looks like MAC Paintpot in Indianwood



The shades are where the similarity of these palettes ends with MAC Paintpots as while paintpots dry from a cream to powder finish and don't budge.The Revlon Illuminance Creme Eyeshadow crease and won't survive on oily lids.

To buy or not to buy- For daily wear these are great buys though I'd still be on the lookout for my perfect creamy nude MAC paintpot, until then these babies will have to do.


Priced at INR 500/- for 3.4 grams, available at all Revlon counters,or buy online from www.urbantouch.com,www.Healthkart.com 

Have you used Revlon Creme Illuminance eyeshadows,do you also feel that Skinlights shades resemble Painpots (or is it me alone who's been bleary eyed and spotting dupes?)

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to get these, but I didn't coz of all the bad reviews. I've also been wanting to get a paintpot but somehow am just unable to figure out which one to get.. I get so confused everytime that I just don't get one instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one and I actually love it and use it as a base. Its really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanveer-I know what you mean about getting confused about the paintpots... I think Painterly will show up well on your fairer skin tone. Else check out the MAC Shadesticks,infact I liked those better than Paintpots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ammu- How do you manage to use this as a base dear, on me it creases up within 2-3 hours :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. d swatches r so tempting ... but if they crease.... err... won't try it ...

    http://sugarspiceandalldatsnice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. rids- I know its such a shame considering the shades are so pretty, wish Revlon would improve the formulation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanveer Guess what I just spotted my dream paintpot-MAC Nubile Paint Pot,now I've just gotta keep my fingers crossed & hope it makes an entry soon on MAC India counters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Everyone!!

    Thanks for referencing my post on MAC Paint Pots at http://momsmakeupstash.blogspot.com/. I recently added another one on my blog on new PPs from the Posh Paradise Collection, including Nubile. Check it out!
    Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...